- How did you get into Yoga?
- How exactly does Yoga help with the detoxing?
- What are these toxins and how do we end up attracting or collecting them in the first place?
- What are Kriyas and how do they help in all of this?
- Could you describe some of these Kriyas and how they help restore balance?
- Till date, what has been the most difficult technique or skill to master?
- And so much more…
Swami Saradananda is an internationally renowned yoga and meditation teacher who has inspired thousands of people to practice. She has been teaching for almost forty years, and is the author of several of books. She teaches yoga worldwide, leads pilgrimages to India and is also a trustee of the Ganga Prem Hospice, a charity that seeks to build a cancer hospice in Rishikesh, North India.
Her new book, The Cleansing Power of Yoga, explains about yogic cleansing practices known as Kriyas, which are natural ways to eliminate tension and energetic blockages. Unlike other yoga practices, they are not designed to increase strength and flexibility. Instead, they are cleansing rituals which purify your body and mind, allowing your health to improve and increase clarity as well as your overall cheerfulness.
Inspirational quote – Be a Yoga teacher and not a preacher. Teach from experience rather than from theory.
Action Step – Skin brushing is really effective! (Listen from 35 minutes onward).
Major Life Lesson – It’s important to face the things that you’re afraid of. After doing them, you’ll find that they are not so difficult anyway.
- Best Advice – Don’t worry about what they’re saying because it doesn’t change who you are.
- Most Important Mistake – Singing in public!
- One powerful evening or morning practice – Oil pulling, Jal Neti and skin brushing in the morning. Takes less than 10 minutes.
- Book Recommendation –Yoga And Ayurveda – Dr. David Frawley
Learn more about Swami Saradananda at https://yogamentor.yoga/
To order Swami’s new book on Amazon, go to www.mysevenchakras.com/258book
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂