- When did you first come to know that you had Cancer?
- What type of Cancer did you have?
- How did your Cancer end up getting detected?
- What was your initial reaction when you received your diagnoses?
- How to go about reducing the impact of chemotherapy?
Heidi Bright, MDiv, author, speaker, blogger, editor, and wellness coach, is in radical remission from end-stage cancer. During 2009, specialists predicted Heidi would die within months from an aggressive soft-tissue sarcoma. She has been free of evidence of disease since August 2011. Now she combines her journalism and theological background with fresh insights each Thursday on her Thriver Soup blog.
Inspirational quote – “He restores my soul. He leads me in the path of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” – Psalm 23
Alternative Practice – Holistic healing.
Action Step – Going out, doing everything I can to be healthy. I was not going silently into that dark night so I picked myself back up. I worked with that fear and sorrow and that absolute powerlessness. I continued all my healing processes.
Major Life Lesson – There is a genuine hope, and there are always options.
Life Purpose – To share my message about healing our attitudes, behaviors and being able to make major life choices that we need to.
- Best Advice – Get to a therapist. Manage my emotions in a healthy way.
- Personal Habit – It’s the map of emotions, and that’s the practice of experiencing the sensations in my body without thinking about them until they leave.
- Book Recommendation – Waking the Warrior Goddess by Dr. Christine Horner
Learn more about Heidi at www.thriversoup.com
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂