- What is a panic attack?
- What inspired you to write your book “Panic Free: The 10-Day Program to End Panic, Anxiety, and Claustrophobia”
- What’s the difference between anxiety, a panic attack and depression?
- What are the underlying causes that lead to a panic attack?
- In the context of an anxiety attack or a panic attack – what is a hyper arousal?
- What happens in a person’s brain when he or she is experiencing a panic attack, and let’s contrast that with the brain of someone who doesn’t experience panic attacks?
- What exactly is the social engagement system and how does it work?
- What is the vagus nerve, and what exactly is a vagal brake?
- Talk to us about the traditional approach to a panic attack, and why is that not an effective solution?
- What is unconscious procedural memory, and what does it have to do with relieving panic?
- Talk to us about the results of your method. What are you seeing so far? How effective has this process been so far?
- What is the most important thing a person in the midst of a panic attack needs to know?
- Based on what you’ve shared with us today, what is that 1 action step that you’d recommend for our listeners?
- And so much more…
Retired airline captain and licensed therapist Tom Bunn has worked with fearful fliers for over 35 years. Many were troubled by panic attacks when in the air. Having solved that problem, Tom has turned to ending panic attacks on the ground. His new book, Panic Free, leads readers through the steps needed to control panic automatically on the ground as well as in the air.
Inspirational quote – Inspiring story begins at 3 min 49 sec.
Wisdom Round –
- Best piece of advice: It’s amazing when you have an instructor who intervenes before you make a terrible mistake so that you can learn from your mistakes.
- Turn back time and spend 1 hour with anyone dead or living: Reinhold Niebuhr.
- Morning or evening habit: Making coffee for my wife and myself in the morning!
- Book Recommendation: The Master and His Emissary: The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World
My Seven Chakras listeners are eligible for a FREE audible audio book download along with a free 30 day trial!
Learn more about Tom Bunn at https://www.fearofflying.com/
Learn more about AJ (Aditya) – www.mysevenchakras.com/learnmore
Donate to our cause (You’ll receive a special shout out in our group!) – www.mysevenchakras.com/support
To watch our most recent Chakra healing training: https://chakrasprint.com/the-process
Sponsor: Skillshare: Skillshare is an online learning community that has thousands of amazing classes covering dozens of lifestyle, creative and self help skills among others. Whether you want to set and achieve goals,build a practice of gratitude, learn how to plan your meals, or just become more organized in life, Skillshare has classes for you!
Join the millions of students already learning on Skillshare today because they’ve graciously extended an AMAZING offer, especially for our ACTION TRIBE community.
Skillshare is offering My Seven Chakras listeners 2 months of unlimited access to thousands of classes for free. Go to Skillshare.com/actiontribe
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂