- Do you suffer from Gluten Intolerance or Dairy Intolerance?
- Are you tired of the numerous types of diets that are springing up every other day?
- Are you looking for ways that are both tested by the ancient elders and validated by modern science?
If yes, then you’re surely going to love today’s episode with Dr. John Douillard, who is appearing on My Seven Chakras for the 2nd time now.
About Dr. John Douillard:
Dr. John Douillard, DC, CAP, is a globally recognized leader in the fields of natural health, Ayurveda, and sports medicine.
He is the creator of LifeSpa.com, the leading Ayurvedic health and wellness resource on the web. LifeSpa.com is evolving the way Ayurveda is understood around the world, with over 700 articles and videos proving ancient wisdom with modern science.
Dr. John is the former Director of Player Development for the New Jersey Nets NBA team, author of 6 books, a repeat guest on the Dr. Oz show, and featured in Woman’s World Magazine, Huffington Post, Yoga Journal and dozens of other publications.
He directs LifeSpa, the 2013 Holistic Wellness Center of the year in Boulder, CO.
Main points discussed:
- There’s an underlying reason why you’re not able to digest Wheat.
- Wheat is a hard to digest protein that gives you an indication of your digestive strength.
- Your digestive strength is directly linked to your ability to detoxify.
- In America, on average, the amount of toxic chemicals dumped into the environment annually is 400 billion pounds.
- Coal mines dump mercury into the atmosphere, which filters down through the clouds onto every organic vegetables.
- Mercury is a very hard to digest, fat soluble molecule. Now, if you don’t digest well….there’s no way you’re digesting the Mercury on the organic vegetables, which doesn’t wash off.
- This Mercury goes into your lymphatic system and even into your brain.
- Ultimately, this affect the ability of your lymphatic system to deliver energy to your body when in need, making you feel tired and lethargic.
- The lymphatic system is like the drains of your body, taking the water out of the sink.
- The immune system lines your intestinal tract.
- The lectins and anti-nutrients in Wheat have been given a bad name.
- There’s a lot of controversial science around these anti-nutrients – some studies say that they’re bad for you and some say they prevent Cancer, deliver minerals and do amazing things for the body!
- The truth is that eating them requires a strong digestive system. In ancient times, there were strategies to make these anti-nutrients much easier to digest for people with digestive challenges. For example, Sour Doug Bread.
- The whole Wheat-belly phenomenon, is actually a sugar-belly phenomenon because it is the sugar that we really get addicted to.
- We have zero genetics for eating the kind of sugar we eat today. On the other hand, we have 4 million years of wheat eating genetics!
- Wheat has been given a bad reputation for the opioids that it contains but the truth is that many other foods have opioids such as Spinach, meat and mother’s milk.
- Is the solution to stop eating all these foods just because they contain opioids?
- Maybe nature put opioids in certain foods to make sure that we ate them?
- The lymphatic system houses 80% of your immune system.
- Everywhere you have skin, you have lymphatic vessels.
- On the outside of your intestine wall, you have a powerful immune layer that takes care of anything moving through your intestinal tract.
- If a lot of stuff goes through that tract that is undigested (especially Wheat), it will irritate, inflame and break down the protective barrier of your intestinal skin, and bad things like gluten will enter into your lymph, congest it and break it down.
- This leads to loss of energy and a feeling of lethargy.
The bottom line: Simply taking wheat and dairy out of the diet is a Band-Aid, not a permanent solution. Let’s stop treating the symptoms and address the root cause of gluten and dairy intolerance.
Next Step: To get your preview chapters, visit http://www.goorukul.com/4yes.
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂