As suggested earlier, our daily activities, the environment, people around us – all of them have an effect on our energy centers – Our Chakras.
For some reason of another, our energy centers might get clogged up and unbalanced, leading to fatigue, stress and anxiety.
Chakra balancing is the key to getting you back on track and making you feel energized and fulfilled once again.
….but where do you start. right?
There are numerous techniques that can help us balance our chakras once again.
Depending on the situation, one technique may work better than the other.
To understand which technique would suit us best, let’s first understand the relative positioning of the chakras. ok?
- The first chakra, the most physical and dense of the 7 chakras, lies at the bottom of the pyramid.
- This energy center acts as the foundation of safety and security, so it is veeeeeery difficult to change.
- On the other hand, the 6th and 7th chakra lie at the very top of the pyramid, chakras that are light and less dense.
- The challenge with the spiritual chakras is that the initial change can be fleeting. (Think, smoke oozing out of an incense stick).
- Inducing a lasting change in the spiritual chakras requires a lot of time, consistency and practice.
- The 7th chakra is a special chakra because doesn’t reside in the human body, but a few inches above the crown of the head.It is associated with pure consciousness and a state of enlightenment.
The Root Chakra:
Let’s talk about the 1st chakra, also known as the Root chakra.
- This chakra is responsible for your sense of safety and security in life.
- It is super important to have a sound and strong foundation for anything that you do in life right? Similarly, strengthening and cleansing your root chakra, can pave the way to establishing a life of fulfillment, stability and growth.
- As humans, our most basic needs are food, water, shelter and being safe. Only once these needs are taken care of, can we can focus on other needs such as connection, self-confidence and expression.
- Physical exercises and arts such as Yoga and Pilates, when done systematically and consistently can induce long term healing.
- Full body massages work well too, especially when accompanies with aromatherapy. The goal is creating a multi-sensory experience.
- Also, crystals are excellent for positively affecting our root chakra. Think about it; They’ve been on this physical earth for literally millions of years. They’ve got a definite molecular structure that can influence our lives positively, especially if you choose the right crystal for yourself.The crystals strengthen our foundations and add a level of certainty in our lives.
I actually have 2 beautiful crystals. One is a beautiful pink Rose quartz (Heart Chakra) and the other is a radiant blue Labradorite (Throat Chakra).
I carry one of these crystals all the time in my pocked for Chakra balancing!
The second chakra, also known as the Sacral chakra, is about intimacy and sexual expression.
- Art forms that have to do with a sense of touch, smell or pleasure help balance this chakra.
- Ever heard of the term, foodgasm ie. food+orgasm? Well, certain combinations of both healthy and tasty foods can help boost this chakra.
- An intricate and lengthy massage (90 minutes+) could also help alleviate the stress that has resulted in your sacral chakra getting blocked. So spoil yourself! 🙂
Solar Plexus Chakra:
The third chakra also known as the solar plexus chakra is about being able to express your willpower, confidence and ability to take action towards a vision.
- It is located between the navel and solar plexus, hence the name. This chakra is responsible for will-power, confidence and self-discipline, attributes of a leader.
- Strengthening this chakra will allow you to put a great idea into action and rally stakeholders towards a common goal.
- Taking up public speaking, leadership roles and attending conferences are certain ways to boost the solar plexus chakra.
- Exercising or talking a walk in the morning sun regularly can also dramatically boost this chakra. This chakra is associated with a powerful, shiny and bright yellow color.
- But….wait…..remember that, every time you criticize, judge or look down upon a person, you are weakening your solar plexus chakra.
Ok. We’re half-way there already…
The heart chakra (4th chakra) is a very critical and delicate chakra because it helps connect our physical chakras to the spiritual ones. Its the bridge remember?
- Because the essence of the heart is to love. Touching, holding and hugging are powerful ways to strengthen your heart chakra.
- Signs that this chakra may be blocked may include loneliness, shyness and feeling blue.
- If you have a hard time showing unconditional love, forgiveness or empathy, then it is about time you give your heart chakra some healing touches.
- Practicing gratitude and chanting positive affirmations by maintaining a daily journal are powerful ways to heal the heart chakra. Remember, its not important that you do it perfectly. Just start…..
- Being consciousness of and acknowledging your emotions can also heal this chakra.
- Another breakthrough healing technique is to revisit nostalgic childhood memories by going through your childhood pictures and beginning to love your inner child once again.
The Throat Chakra:
The fifth chakra, located in the region in and around the throat, is the seat of communication.
- It is responsible for expressing oneself, speaking the truth and taking action.
- Healing and strengthening this chakra allows us to identify the choices that lie ahead of us and make decisions no matter how inconsequential they maybe.
- This chakra has a lot to do with vibrations that we create through various parts of our body such as the throat, diaphragm, chest, lungs and tongue.
- Feelings of guilt or uncertainty are symptoms of a weak throat chakra.
- The process of healing this chakra starts within.
If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change – Wayne Dyer
- Doing so will change how we look at people, our jobs and our circumstances, and will allow us to see the positive side of people rather than what they lack.
- This chakra is associated with a brilliant blue sky color.
- Wearing blue clothes, drinking blue colored juices and staring out into the clear blue sky on a warm summer afternoon are ways by which you can begin stimulating your throat chakra.
- Chanting, singing and vocal exercises help too!
Ready to move on to the the spirit chakras? Great!
The higher chakras are less physical and more spiritual. Remember?
The Third Eye Chakra:
The 6th chakra is located in the region between and above the eyes.
- This chakra is associated with a deep indigo color.
- This chakra is responsible for heightened imagination, intuition and insight.
- A person with a weak chakra may suffer from a lack of direction, purpose and aimlessness.
- This chakra is also popularly known as the 3rd eye chakra because continuous practice and stimulation of this chakra can lead to activation of the Pineal gland, which is an interesting and mystical topic that I will cover in a different article.
- Strengthening this chakra will help you with breakthrough ideas because it unites the left and right brain, making them work in unison to get the best of both intuition and logic.
- Symptoms of an underdeveloped third eye chakra could be the fear of standing out, experiencing change or being put on the spot.
- Maintaining a dream journal, goal setting and free writing are ways to strengthen this chakra.
Well, were finally here..time just flies huh?
- This is the final chakra, known as the crown chakra.
- It connects us with the universe, the divine and the super consciousness.
- It isn’t associated with any particular part of the body and is actually located a few feet above the top of your head.
- It is associated with a magnificent and shimmering purple color that at times can turn angelic white. Beautiful huh?
- This chakra is about realizing that there is more to life than just living for ourselves and that at the end of the day, we are part of something larger than life.
- I believe that our physical bodies are a microcosm of the universe around us, and strengthening this chakra allows us to believe that everyone around us is connected at a fundamental level.
- This chakra isn’t about intelligence, it is waaaaay beyond that. Its about the infinite intelligence and your higher self.
We truly are one!
Let’s wrap up now…
Just like when you pull a thread on a blanket, every strand in that fabric is affected in some way or the other. Right?
You may not instinctively realize it, but that’s just the way it is.
It is about finding that deeper meaning in life, and finding a way to transcend your inner ego and recognize the unlimited potential in all life forms around you.
There is meaning behind your current circumstances and the challenges that you’re currently going through each and every day.
The Universe is constantly trying to send you these nudges and these signs….and its up to you to listen to them and take action.
The very fact that you’ve read this article till the very end means that you are committed to transforming your life and that of others.
It is about knowing that there is a power out there that loves us.
Its about being aware of the daily synchronicities that take us closer to our dreams.
Have you received a nudge from the Universe lately? (Share your thoughts in the comments box below!)