Marianne Williamson is an internationally acclaimed author and lecturer.
Six of her ten published books have been New York Times bestsellers. Four of these have been #1.
Her books include A Return to Love, which Deepak Chopra called ‘a classic’, A Year of Miracles, The Law of Divine Compensation, The Age of Miracles, A Course in Weight Loss, Everyday Grace, A Woman’s Worth, Illuminata, and The Gift of Change.
She has sold over 3 million copies!
The mega best seller – A Return to Love is considered a must-read….
A paragraph from that book reads “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure…” This passage is considered an anthem for those that want to transform their lives.
Marianne has been a popular guest on television programs such as Oprah, Good Morning America and Charlie Rose.
She appeared fourteen times on The Oprah Winfrey Show and three times on Super Soul Sunday.
In 1989, she founded Project Angel Food, a meals-on-wheels program that serves homebound people with AIDS in the Los Angeles area.
Till date, Project Angel Food has served over 10 million meals. Marianne also co-founded the Peace Alliance.
She also serves on the Board of Directors of the RESULTS organization, working to end the worst ravages of hunger and poverty throughout the world.
Inspirational quote – Forget your ideas of good and bad, forget your ideas of right and wrong, forget this Course and come with empty hands unto your God (A Course in Miracles)
Major Life Lesson – Being loving is the most important thing. Love is all that matters and everything else is nothing in comparison.
Life Purpose –
- To try to be the most loving version of myself of which I am capable.
- To rise to the occasion, not just some of the time, but all of the time.
- To take responsibility for my behavior, not just some of the time, but all of the time.
- To try to be loving, forgiving and compassionate, not just some of the time, but all of the time.
- To more and more embody the loving self within me, and to heal of the wounds that would keep me from doing so.
- Best Advice – Demonstrate generosity. My parents never said ‘be generous’, but they demonstrated generosity.
- Personal Habit – Meditation.
- Book Recommendation –
- Tears to Triumph: The Spiritual Journey from Suffering to Enlightenment – Marianne Williamson
- The Book of Strange New Things: A Novel – Michel Faber
- Letters to a Young Poet – Rainer Maria Rilke
To learn more about Marianne Williamson, please follow this link!
Make sure you purchase a copy of Marianne Williamson book here.
Watch Marianne’s free livestreams on Wednesdays!
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂