- For those who haven’t heard of him before, who was Alan Watts?
- What made him write the letters featured in the book – ‘The Collected Letters of Alan Watts’?
- What was Alan’s childhood like?
- What got Alan interested in traditions such as Hinduism, Zen Buddhism, Daoism?
- What inspired the both of you to put this book together and what was the process like?
- What was it like to grow up as as a daughter of Alan Watts?
- And much more!..
Joan and Anne Watts are the first-born children of British-born American philosopher, writer, speaker, and counterculture hero, Alan Watts. Together they edited The Collected Letters of Alan Watts.
Inspirational quote – Be here now by Ram Dass.
Action Step – Find a nice place, go outside and enjoy yourself. Involve your senses, breath deeply and enjoy it!
Life Purpose –I just want to continue enjoying my surroundings and live a life that is kind and purposeful.
- Best Advice – To meet challenges head on and work though them. Fully be aware of what is happening around you.
- Personal Habit – Writing. Wake up early, enjoy our coffee, we sit together and watch the news with our two wonderful dogs that sit by our sides.
- Book Recommendation – The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiessen
Sponsor: This episode is supported by Thrive Market, a revolutionary online marketplace on a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. To get 25% off on your 1st order along with a free 30 day trial, visit www.thrivemarket.com/actiontribe
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂