- Do you often feel fatigued at the end of the day?
- Do you have a hard time getting good quality sleep?
- Are you tired of all the one-size-fits-all health solutions available in the market?
If yes, then functional medicine might just be your answer…..
In this episode, we’re going to do a deep dive into this very topic!
But wait….before that……let’s get to know our featured guest for the day…ok?
Dr. Carri Drzyzga is known internationally as ‘The Functional Medicine Doc’. She is committed to helping patients find the root cause of their health problems and fix the cause with natural treatments, so they can feel normal again.
Dr. Carri holds two doctoral degrees—Chiropractic and Naturopathic Medicine. Additionally, she has training in Functional Medicine and The Kalish Method, and is a Certified Gluten Practitioner.
Always an avid learner, Dr. Carri has obtained a level of expertise in her profession that no other doctor in Canada has achieved to date.
Dr. Carri speaks and gives interviews on such topics as natural treatments for fatigue, chronic pain, hypothyroidism and digestive health.
She has been a featured guest expert on multiple podcasts and is a featured speaker at The Eastern Ontario Chiropractic Society
Inspirational quote – Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought – Albert Szent-Györgyi
Alternative Practice – Functional Medicine
Health Tip – A lot of us think that we have to do these big dramatic changes in order to have an effect whether it’s in our health or whether it’s in our family, relationships or business.
Actually, it is the small things that you are doing every day or the things that you are not doing everyday that are either leading you towards your goal or away from your goal.
One way to apply this is in your Health.
You wake up and you know that you should not drink coffee for breakfast because that’s not good for your health and yet you do it every day.
You look at that coffee and you have that little voice in your head that tells you, you know you should not be doing that because caffeine is giving you energy but it’s not really helping your health….. and yet you still do it.
My advice to the listeners would be……. Look for the small things, the small changes that you can make today…..that would lead you towards your goal.
Major Life Lesson – It’s not easy to find your true calling in life or your true passion in life, and it doesn’t have to be anything big or momentous like being a doctor as I am.
Just find what motivates you and how you can use that to help others in your life. No matter what kind of background you have or no matter where you are at your life is, just figure out how can I use that to help others.
Life Purpose – To serve people by doing functional medicine.
- Best Advice – Stay true to myself and to try and live my own life. To be authentic to myself and not to try to be somebody, just be my own authentic self.
- Personal Habit – I have two basset hounds, and one of the habit that they really help me with is that they remind me on a daily basis to take them for a walk. As we go for a nice walk, I just try to think about being in the present moment. Looking at the trees, listening to the birds chirping, smelling the different scents in the air and trying to be in the present moment while I’m walking them.
- Book Recommendation – The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
To learn more about Dr. Carri visit http://www.drcarri.com/
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂