Chakras, Chakra healing, Chakra embodiment, Chakrasana….If you’ve recently entered the wonderful world of Yoga, then there’s a good chance that you might have also overheard someone talk about the terms above.
and you might have asked yourself, “wait…..firstly, What are Chakras?“.
In the next few paragraphs, I am going to share reasons why you should know what chakras are and how they affect your life.
The Chakras can seem abstract and esoteric, so my focus in this post is to do whatever I can to make the Chakras really simple to understand using examples and analogies. Ok?
Let’s admit it.
We live in a fast-paced world.
..A world in which our body is constantly interacting with energies from all around.
Now, depending on the frequency of that energy we are also emitting and absorbing colors from our environment and the people that we meet.
Here’s where it gets interesting.
We have energy centers in our body that are located near major nerve ganglia and organs.
Picture them as rotating doors. The ones that you normally see at departmental stores. Remember?
These energy centers are called Chakras, ‘spinning doors’ that pulsate with a particular color and attract all the energy around them that match with their vibratory level.
But how do these Chakras affect me?
Aha. Superb question!
The energies that Chakras collect can be of any wavelength from across the spectrum, ranging from ultraviolet to red. The interesting part is that the resultant energies can have an impact on
The interesting part is that the resultant energies can have an impact on our mood and our health too!
Who would have thought, eh?
Now, there are seven main Chakras, and they are arranged along the spinal column from our tail bone to the crown of our head.
Any imbalance in the energies around us will congest or block our chakras in varying levels, affecting our mental, emotional and spiritual state.
For thousands of years, sages and yogis have been using various exercises, meditations and techniques to balance Chakras and establish a state of equilibrium once again.
In English, this practice is known as Chakra healing.
Making sense now?
There are seven chakras in total:
1st Chakra – Tailbone – Red
2nd Chakra – Sacral – Orange
3rd Chakra – Solar Plexus – Yellow
4th Chakra – Heart – Green
5th Chakra – Throat – Blue
6th Chakra – Third eye – Indigo
7th Chakra – Crown – Violet
How are these chakras different from each other?
mmmm, let me explain… Broadly speaking, the Chakras could be classified into the Physical Chakras and the Spiritual Chakras.
The Physical Chakras:
Root chakra (1st chakra) –
- This chakra covers the first 3 vertebrae, the bladder, and the colon.
- This chakra is connected to stability, security and the basic needs we have as human beings.
- Opening and unblocking this chakra makes us feel fearless, rooted and stable.
- This chakra pulses a brilliant ruby red.
Sacral chakra- (2nd chakra) –
- This chakra covers the area from above the pubic bone to just below the navel.
- Opening this chakra helps us express our creativity and explore our sexuality.
- This chakra glows a bright orange.
Solar plexus chakra (3rd chakra) –
- This chakra covers the area between the navel and the breastbone.
- Unblocking this chakra helps us unleash our confidence, ability to stand out and be a leader. It also enables us to take risks and avoid overthinking.
- The solar plexus chakra pulsates in a bright yellow color.
The connector chakra – Heart chakra- (4th chakra) –
- This is the chakra of love, balance, peace, kindness, compassion, and altruism. It helps unite our spiritual and physical self.
- Spending quality time getting to know both your inner self and your close ones are ways to unblock and clear this chakra.
- This chakra pulses in a brilliant emerald green color.
The Spirit Chakras:
Throat chakra- (5th chakra) –
- This chakra helps us express, articulate and communicate our thoughts and ideas.
- It helps us speak the truth in the midst of opposition, oppression or other challenges. Unclogging this chakra allows us to have deep, meaningful, heart-to-heart dialogues.
- This chakra covers the area around the neck, thyroid, jaw and mouth and it glows in a spectacular blue color.
Third eye chakra- (6th chakra) –
- This is one of the most spoken about chakras, and quite frankly it deserves its own article.
- Strengthening this chakra allows us to tap into our intuition, wisdom, vision and imagination.
- The third eye is located in between your eye brows, and is commonly referred to as the pineal gland. It pulses in a deep rich indigo blue color.
Crown chakra- (7th chakra) –
- This chakra enables the spiritual connection to our higher selves, and by extension, to the supreme consciousness and universal life force.
- It is located just above the crown of the head and gleams a spectacular violet.
- In this case, the associated gland is the pituitary gland (the master regulatory gland).
In the comments below, talk to me about the first time you heard about the Chakras.
When and where? 🙂
P.S: I’d like to invite you to join my exclusive email series called ‘Action-letters’, where I share powerful insights, advice, and tips that I learn from my featured guests.
Also, I have a special welcome FREE gift waiting for you – 27 of the most powerful quotes shared on-air that will allow you to begin your transformation!
To do so, visit www.mysevenchakras.com/27download