- Who is a Shaman?
- What exactly is Shamanic healing?
- In 2007, you left your tenured position as an administrator and a faculty member of the Univ. of Virginia to become a shamanic healer, what made you make that change?
- What are some topics that fall under Shamanic studies?
- What’s the significance of clearing and moving?
- What are the 3 worlds and where are they?
- And so much more…
Rachel Mann, PhD is a shamanic healer and spiritual teacher whose work combines the wisdom traditions of Native American spirituality, Buddhism, shamanism, and depth psychology.
She is the founder of the Great Medicine Wheel of the New Earth School of Mother Earth Mysticism and offers deep teachings from this ancient and contemporary system for how to step into your natural abundance, authentic power, soul force, and spiritual sovereignty.
Rachel is also a faculty mentor with Atlantic University, offering an MA in Transpersonal Psychology and founded by Edgar Cayce. She offers online and in-person courses, including on Shamanic Energy Medicine for healers.
Inspirational quote – It has taken me virtually forty-five years to distill within the vessel of my scientific work, the things I experienced and wrote down at that time. The years when I was pursuing my inner images were the most important in my life — in them everything essential was decided. I hit upon this stream of lava, and the heat of its fires reshaped my life. That was the primal stuff which compelled me to work upon it, and my works are a more or less successful endeavor to incorporate this incandescent matter into the contemporary picture of the world – Carl Jung
Action Step – Self-reflect. Be willing to look at what is inside.
- Best Advice – It’s important to remember that no matter how much we’ve worked on healing and transforming our wound, sometimes when we are stressed, there will be areas of vulnerability.
- If you could turn back time and spend 1 hour with any dead (or living), who would it be? – Cherokee teacher Black Bear.
- One powerful evening or morning practice – I go out with my dog and look at the beautiful field in the mountain. I connect with mother earth: relax my mind, connect with my heart, open my awareness, and send my grounding core down into the earth. Then, I drink my tea, which wakes me up.
- Book Recommendation – Fools Crow: Wisdom and Power by Thomas Mills
Learn more about Rachel Mann at www.rachelmannphd.com.
To order a copy of Fools Crow: Wisdom and Power (Indigenous Wisdom Classics), visit www.mysevenchakras.com/264book
Episode Sponsor: Audible: Audible has the largest selection of audiobooks on the planet. Now, Audible members get more than ever before: each month they get 3 titles of their choice; 1 audiobook, 2 Audible Originals, and fitness programs that they can’t get anywhere else! Get started with a 30-day trial when you go to www.audible.com/actiontribe or text [actiontribe] to 500500.
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂