- What is the Whole Detox Program?
- What’s the challenge with some of the weight loss programs out there?
- What exactly are hormones and what role do they play in our life?
- Could you provide us an overview of the 7 systems of Health?
- What are some foods that are commonly missing from the average diet?
- Have you seen a correlation between Cancer and the type of foods that we eat?
- Talk to us a bit about your new book, The Rainbow Diet…
These were some of the questions featured on today’s edition of #Mysevenchakras!
She has more than 20 years of diverse, well-rounded experience in the fields of nutrition and functional medicine, including clinical practice, research, product formulation, writing, and education.
Her doctoral (Ph.D.) research focused on essential fatty acid absorption and metabolism, and her Master of Science degree (M.S.) allowed her to explore the health benefits of the colorful, plant-based carotenoids.
She has authored six books on health and wellness and over fifteen scientific publications.
Inspirational Quote – A relaxed mind is a creative mind
Alternative Practice – The Rainbow Diet.
Action Step – I did work with the Cancer retreat center for five years and one of the things I noticed was, some people can do really well with their food and I think you want to start there and do your best, but we have to take care of the whole self, we have to nourish every part of us, we have to tend to our emotions, we have to tend to our thoughts because its part of it, and we can have people who eat a really healthy diet but then have lots of negative thinking and we know that pessimism, social isolation, anger, hostility and even emotional repression can lead to all kinds of inflammation. We need to take care of our food, but we have to look at many other things that affect our overall health.
Life’s Purpose – To help others become healthier and happier!
- Best Advice – Not to care so much whatever people think about me.
- Personal Habit – Stillness, silence and having some alone time.
- Book recommendation – Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
Learn more about Dr. Deanna at www.deannaminich.com.
Learn about her latest book, The Rainbow Diet here!
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂