- How did you get into public speaking ?
- Why do people have this inborn fear of public speaking ?
- What are some traits of a speech that leads to a standing ovation?
- What is a TEDx speech? How is a TEDx speech different from a regular speech?
- How does a speaker go about keeping the audience engaged?
- How do people go about finding their Why?
These are just some of the questions I asked Corey Poirier on this session of My Seven Chakras.
To listen to his previous episode first, go here.
Corey Poirier is a multiple-time TEDx, PMx and MoMonday’s Speaker. He is also the host of the top rated ‘Conversations with PASSION’ Radio Show, founder of The Speaking Program, and he has been featured in multiple television specials.
A columnist with Entrepreneur Magazine, he has featured in/on CBS, CTV, NBC, ABC, and is one of the few leaders featured twice on the popular Entrepreneur on Fire show. Corey has interviewed over 4,000 of the world’s top leaders.
Inspiration Quote – “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great” – Zig Ziglar
Action Step – Figure out what action to take. Figure out the baby steps that will help you get there. Start by taking the first step towards your goal. Once you do, give yourself a reward to motivate yourself to keep you going!
- Best Advice – If you are going to do something anyway, why not do it to the best of your ability.
- Personal Habit – There is power in a ‘No’. You don’t have to say ‘Yes’ to everything! Saying ‘No’ to things you don’t want to do, will allow you to say an emphatic ‘Yes’ to the things you want to do.
- Book Recommendation – The ONE Thing by Gary Keller
Learn more about Corey at www.coreypoirier.com
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂