- What is your definition of Mindfulness?
- What are some ways in which our inner critic affects our life?
- Could you talk about how nature can help us with mindfulness?
- I understand that you conduct nature retreats across the world…what exactly happens during such a retreat?
These were some of the stuff we spoke about on the latest edition of My Seven Chakras.
Do you want to find out how mindfulness and compassion can free you from your inner critic? Then make sure you listen to this episode!
Mark Coleman is the author of Make Peace with Your Mind and Awake in the Wild. He is the founder of the Mindfulness Institute and has an MA in Clinical Psychology. Mark has guided students on five continents as a corporate consultant, counselor, meditation teacher, and wilderness guide.
Inspirational quote – Whatever the mind frequently dwells and ponders upon, that becomes the inclination of the heart
Alternative Practice – Mindfulness and Compassion.
Action Step – Get together with other people to get involved in some action that brings about a positive change in the world, whether its in the community, ecological action, climate change or political action.
The goal is to not to feel isolated, hopeless and in despair because when you get together you’ll realize that, like Margaret Mead said, a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has!
Major Life Lesson – The only way out is through. We have to go through our challenges, pain and suffering. We can’t by pass, avoid, and suppress. The only way out is through.
Life Purpose – To ultimately relieve suffering and bring healing.
- Best Advice – To be forgiving for ones humanness.
- Personal Habit – To go out daily into nature with a contemplative awareness.
- Book Recommendation – Awake in the Wild: Mindfulness in Nature as a Path of Self-Discovery
Learn more about Mark at www.markcoleman.org
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂