- What inspired you to write the book – The Authority Guide to Practical mindfulness?
- What does science and research have to say about the effects of meditation?
- What are some common mistakes that people make early on when learning mindfulness meditation?
- How does mindfulness meditation help with increasing productivity?
These were some of the questions I asked Tom Evans, so if you’re considering getting into mindfulness meditation, then will be your go-to episode….
Inspirational quote – Thinking is the mind talking, meditation is the mind listening and channeling is the mind receiving.
Alternative Practice – Mindfulness meditation.
Action Step – Find a spot on the wall, and just stare at it. It could be a nail, it could be a pin prick, it can be a light switch or an electrical socket. Stare at the object on the wall, then gradually become aware of the stuff around it.
Then let you awareness go about 2 feet around that object. Gradually widen your attention. Then take your imagination and awareness to your periphery such as the floor below you, the walls around you and the ceiling above you. While all this is happening, maintain your gaze on that object at the centre.
- Then take a deep breathe in – say “Be”
- Then breathe out – say “calm”.
Keep repeating this about 4-5 times until you notice that all thoughts reduce to 0, and you stop thinking.
Major Life Lesson – Put your head slightly above the parapet every single day.
Life Purpose – My calling is about re-seeing the world in a different light, learning as an engineer, almost reverse engineering my own awakening process and then teaching other people how to go through that same process.
- Best Advice – Never lend anyone any more money than you can afford to lose.
- Personal Habit – Meditating every single day.
- Book Recommendation – Cosmic Memory: The Story of Atlantis, Lemuria, and the Division of the Sexes
Learn more about Tom at http://www.tomevans.co/
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂