- What inspired you to write, “Loving Through Your Differences”?
- You’ve written that each one of us has an emotional reality of our own. Can you give us an example?
- What do you mean by the term ‘Response-ability’?
- Talk to us about the 5 minute rule. What is it, and why is it so effective?
- What are some guidelines for responsible communication. Could you walk us through some of them?
- And so much more…
James Creighton, Ph.D., is the author of Loving Through Your Differences: Building Strong Relationships from Separate Realities. He is a psychologist and relationship consultant who has worked with couples and conducted communications training for nearly 50 years.
In Loving through Your Differences, he draws on the latest research in cognitive science and developmental psychology to show how we invent our realities with our perceptual minds. He then provides clear, concrete tools for shifting our perceptions and reframing our responses.
Inspirational quote – “Courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it” – Nelson Mandela
Action Step – During a conflict, don’t just assume the other person is a bad person, just because they don’t agree with you. Instead, assume that they have a different reality, and your job is not to correct their reality, but to understand their reality and why they are there.
- Best piece of advice: When you’re afraid, acknowledge your fear, but don’t let it prevent you from acting.
- Turn back time and spend 1 hour with anyone dead or living: A certain therapist from the past.
- Morning or evening habit: Meditation.
- Book Recommendation: The Road Less Traveled – Scott Peck
To grab James Creighton’s book, ‘Loving Through Your Differences’ on Amazon, visit www.mysevenchakras.com/273book
Learn more about AJ (Aditya) – www.mysevenchakras.com/learnmore
To Attend Our Next Exclusive Free Chakra Webinar: www.mysevenchakras.com/livewebinar
Free Download: To access your free Chakra Energy Activation training, visit www.mysevenchakras.com/1111
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂