- What inspired you to write your book ‘Life is Long’?
- Now you were initially in the advertising business and then somewhere down the line you decided to pursue your dream of writing a book, correct? What made you make that switch? What’s the story?
- When you decided to get your 1st book published, it wasn’t an easy journey, and it involved a lot of rejection right? Tell us about that?
- You got pregnant in your late 40s right? What was that experience like?
- Why do you want to live till 100? What is your why?
- How did you stumble upon the field of longevity?
- Talk to us about the blue zone region in Japan, and what specifically is Hara Hachi Bu?
- What role do Chromosomes play when it comes to longevity?
- You’ve written that fasting is really beneficial to our overall energy levels and longevity, and I totally agree because I do intermittent fasting daily, which means I skip my breakfast. Talk to us a bit about why fasting can be so powerful?
- What advice do you have for someone listening right now who’d like to try out fasting?
- What has been the most surprising thing you’ve discovered on your longevity quest so far?
- Now when people think about cholesterol, what tends to come to mind are blocked artery walls and the risk of a heart attack, but you’ve written that not all cholesterol is bad. Talk to us about LDL and HDL cholesterol, and how people can make better choices when its comes to using using oil in food.
- You’ve written that growing or maintaining our telomeres can help us live longer, so for those listening right now – what exactly are telomeres and why do we need to protect them?
- There’s so much research that is being conducted about our gut these days and many people called this our second brain, so what have you discovered about gut health on your journey so far?
- What can we do to heal and nourish our gut?
- What advice do you have for people who want to find their calling and live their life’s purpose?
- And so much more…
Guest bio: Karen Salmansohn is a former stressed-out advertising Senior VP and award-winning designer turned healthy living expert, best-selling author, and book designer. She’s also a longevity research geek and teacher at ISHTA Yoga.
She has always cared for her physical and emotional health, and after becoming the late-in-life mom she made a promise to live to 100 and beyond.
Her book “Life is long” shares a collection of the top 50+ nutritional and psychological tools for long and healthy life, backed by a wide range of research from our world’s best aging experts.
Inspirational quote – Be so busy loving your life that you have no time for fear, regret or anger.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well – Virginia Woolf
Action tribe, if you’re going through a difficult situation right now and you feel like you’ll never be able to get out of this, then remember that this is a passing phase, and that….there is a way out!
But before you even attempt to solve this issue?..
You need to be in the right frame of mind – which means that you’ll need some rest, some quality and nourishing food and the affection of a loved one….
So focus on these 3 things first –
- A healthy meal,
- Some rest
- and some love and affection…
Its not easy to go through a tough phase like this but like we’re learning…
A nice warm and healthy meal can do wonders!
On Purpose: We’re learning today that there are so many levers that we can pull and so many areas that we can focus on to NOT JUST live longer but healthier too.
Some are physical, some are mental and some are energetic.
But I think the most powerful factor that can help us get there is our WHY for living…
So many people have spoken and written about having a clearly defined ‘Why’ for living because once you have that in place?..
You get an extra surge of energy when you know clearly know that cause and those people who you’re doing all of this for…
And just having that in place will add many years to your life…
Because just like Charles Dickens once put….
The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose.
- Best piece of advice: If you keep doing what you’re always doing, you’ll keep getting what you’ve always got.
- Turn back time and spend 1 hour with anyone dead or living: I’d love for my Dad to meet my son.
- Book Recommendation: The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People
My Seven Chakras listeners are eligible for a FREE audible audio book download along with a free 30 day trial!
To learn about Karen Salmansohn and order her amazing book, visit https://www.notsalmon.com/books/life-is-long/
Learn more about AJ (Aditya) – www.mysevenchakras.com/learnmore
Donate to our cause (You’ll receive a special shout out in our group!) – www.mysevenchakras.com/support
To watch our most recent Chakra healing training: https://chakrasprint.com/the-process
My Seven Chakras listeners get 10% off your first month with discount code ‘Actiontribe’
- Go to Betterhelp.com/actiontribe
- Simply fill out a questionnaire to help them assess your needs and get matched with a counselor you’ll love.
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂