- What exactly is Pain?
- What’s the root cause of Pain?
- What’s the relationship between the functioning of the brain and the experience of pain?
- How does the ‘traditional’ healthcare system treat chronic pain?
Dr. Joe Tatta is a doctor of physical therapy, board certified nutrition specialist and functional medicine practitioner who specializes in treating persistent pain and lifestyle-related musculoskeletal, metabolic and autoimmune health issues. His mission is to create a new paradigm around treating persistent pain and reverse our global pain epidemic.
Dr. Tatta is the author of the bestselling book Heal Your Pain Now: A Revolutionary Program to Reset Your Brain and Body for a Pain-Free Life.
Inspirational quote – When you really want something, all the universe will conspire to make it happen.
Alternative Practice – Functional medicine practitioner and Chronic pain expert
Action Step – If you have chronic pain, you struggle pain and you haven’t been able to find a solution for pain, go to thepainquiz.com and sort of teach your self or educate yourself of what pain is.
Life Purpose – To heal as many people as possible from chronic pain. I have a goal of healing 20 million people by the year 2020, and I would like to change the way we treat chronic pain in our health care system.
- Best Advice – There are 3 P’s that you should practice, which are are Patience, Pacing, and Persistence.
- Personal Habit – I have a spiritual practice in the morning during which I read a 1 lesson from a book called A Course In Miracles, and then I spend 5 or 10 minutes in silence meditating on that lesson.
- Book Recommendation – Waking the Tiger by Peter A. Levine
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂