- How did you encounter Buddhism?
- What did you like about the practice of Buddhism?
- How did Yoga help you overcome depression?
- How do people deepen their Yoga practice?
- What does Yoga teach us about ethics and behavior?
- Since you’ve visited India, what is the difference between how Yoga is practiced in India and in the West?
As you might have guessed, today’s session is all about deepening your practice of Yoga…
Or Shahar took her first Yoga course over 10 years ago during her first trip to India, at only 18 years old.
At 23, recovering from depression, she took a plane to India again, where she discovered her deep connection to Buddhism, took her first Yoga teacher training and started to practice seriously.
For the past four years, she has taught Yoga in the Berlin area, while deepening her own practice every day and spending restorative time raising her beloved dog.
Inspiration Quote – “Why be unhappy about something if it can be remedied? And what is the use of being unhappy about something if it cannot be remedied?” – Shantideva
Alternative Practice – Yoga.
Major Life Lesson – Love everybody, appreciate everybody’s opinion, but take your own decision.
- Best Advice – Keep it fun, follow the joy – Gabrielle Bernstein
- Personal Habit – Adopting an animal can be really helpful!
- Book Recommendation – Yoga Therapy by A.G. Mohan
Learn more about Or Shahar at www.Freedomyoga.info
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂