Glenn Livingston, Ph.D. is a veteran psychologist and long-time CEO of a million-dollar consulting firm which has serviced several Fortune 500 clients in the food industry.
Disillusioned by what traditional psychology had to offer overweight and/or food obsessed individuals, Dr. Livingston spent several decades researching the nature of binge eating and overeating via work with his own patients AND a self-funded research program with more than 40,000 participants.
Most important, however, was his own personal journey out of obesity and food prison to a normal, healthy weight and a much more lighthearted relationship with food.
You may have seen his (or his company’s) previous work, theories, and research in major periodicals like The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Sun-Times, The Indiana Star-Ledger, The NY Daily News, American Demographics, or any of the other major media outlets you see on this page.
You may also have heard him on ABC, WGN, and/or CBS radio, or UPN TV.
Inspirational quote – A life of discipline is better than a life of regret by Jim Rohn.
Alternative Practice – Mental Reprogramming.
Health Tip –
- Step back. Take a moment and think about something that you’re currently doing which is against your best interests with food or your health routine.
- Once you have that in mind, think about ways that you can implement a change. Don’t make a commitment at this point.
- Write 2-3 ways you can make this change.
- Start with the most restrictive change and write down how your life is going to be different one year from now if you could comply with that change 100%.
- Now, ask yourself how your life would be different if you didn’t take action and didn’t implement a change.
- This exercise will help you understand why you need to do what you’re doing before you commit to making a change!
Major Life Lesson – All you need to do to never binge again is NEVER BINGE AGAIN! You don’t need to spend 10 years in psychotherapy. You need to make a crystal clear rule for yourself, learn to hear your inner voice but don’t listen to it.
Life Purpose – Training and supervising coaches and therapists to transform people’s lives around the world and make them feel powerful once again!
- Best Advice – Glenn’s dad once said “If you want work things out, get into therapy. If you really want to work things out, become a therapist”. Help other people solve the problems that you solve.
- Personal Habit – Exercise 6 days a week whether I feel like it or not!
- Book Recommendation – Leading an Inspired Life by Jim Rohn
Learn more about Dr. Glenn Livingston at www.neverbingeagain.com
Like this episode?
Please leave an honest rating on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
P.S: Just takes a minute! 🙂